Hello! Thank you for your checking out my composting business!
Due to heightened awareness on the options available to divert food waste from the landfill here in the Madison area, I have a client base that has exceeded my expectations!
I’ve made the business decision to not take on any new clients at this time. I take pride in my work, and if I take on any more clients, I won’t be able to dedicate the time and resources my current client’s expect.
There are other businesses that offer composting services in the area for you to choose from.
Other Possibilities to Compost
- Start a worm bin. I live in a condo and this is where it all began.
- Check out any community gardens in your area. You may find a gardener that will take your food scrapes. Be sure that you ask what scraps they are willing to take – and respect the list they give you.
- Join the community garden and start growing your own food. You can set up a compost bin in your space.
- Are there any people in your area that have chickens??? Again, respect their list if they take your scraps.
- Is there a hog farmer in your area???
- Go to Freecycle for your area and offer your scraps. List what scrapes you have. (No meat, dairy, oils, fish)
- Research Bokashi. It’s another form of composting (fermenting). Need a garden to bury food waste when processing is finished.
- Reduce your food waste from the get-go! Here is a link to a cookbook developed here at UW Madison on using food scraps! http://www.gibbs-lab.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Cookbook050516.pdf