Hello! Thank you for your checking out my composting business!
Due to heightened awareness on the options available to divert food waste from the landfill here in the Madison area, I have a client base that has exceeded my expectations!
I’ve made the business decision to not take on any new clients at this time. I take pride in my work, and if I take on any more clients, I won’t be able to dedicate the time and resources my current client’s expect.
There are other businesses that offer composting services in the area for you to choose from.
Rooted Curbside Compost – https://rootedcurbsidecompost.com/
Curbside Compost- https://www.curbsidecomposter.com/
Other Possibilities to Compost
- Start a worm bin. I live in a condo and this is where it all began.
- Check out any community gardens in your area. You may find a gardener that will take your food scrapes. Be sure that you ask what scraps they are willing to take – and respect the list they give you.
- Join the community garden and start growing your own food. You can set up a compost bin in your space.
- Are there any people in your area that have chickens??? Again, respect their list if they take your scraps.
- Is there a hog farmer in your area???
- Go to Freecycle for your area and offer your scraps. List what scrapes you have. (No meat, dairy, oils, fish)
- Research Bokashi. It’s another form of composting (fermenting). Need a garden to bury food waste when processing is finished.
- Reduce your food waste from the get-go! Here is a link to a cookbook developed here at UW Madison on using food scraps! http://www.gibbs-lab.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Cookbook050516.pdf