Starts With You
Turn Your Food Waste… into an Incredible Earth Resource!
Earth Stew Compost Services, LLC is a subscription based business that offers a food waste recycling service for the environmentally conscientious that live in the greater Madison area. We are currently servicing the Cities of Madison, Fitchburg, Middleton and Monona. Expansion will occur as demand increases.
- Fruit pulp/peelings
- Coffee & Tea grounds/filters
- Tea bags
Not Acceptable Waste
- All dairy products
- Compostable/biodegradable bags & containers
- All paper products: newspaper, napkins, & towels
- Twist ties, rubber bands, stickers
- Pet waste
- Plants— including potting soil & roots
Composting and the Domino Effect
About 33% of all household waste is food waste that can be diverted from the landfills and composted to make a rich soil amendment that improves the health of the soil.
By simply having your food waste composted using Earth Stew Composting Services you enact the permaculture concepts and create a positive domino effect for yourself, the environment and community.
Care for the Earth
- Reduce landfill use.
- Reduce greenhouse gas.
- Reduces compost miles – compost is made within miles of your home.
- Reduce/Replaces chemical fertilizers.
- Improves the soil.
- Improves water retention in the soil.
Care for the People
- Supports local agriculture (backyard gardens, local farms).
- Healthy soil = healthy plants (food and aesthetics).
- Supports job creation.
- Supports the Central Wisconsin Center for the Developmentally Disabled.
Share the Bounty
- Donate your compost to local School Garden Project.
- Share your compost with family and/or neighbor.